Summer Staff: Must be at least one year removed from high school and a strong, practicing Christian to be eligible for this position. The primary duties of a Summer Staff member will be to facilitate summer camp activities and to mentor the youth. Staff Counselor’s primary duties will be to stay in the cabins with the youth, to oversee volunteer counselors and act as a liaison between the staff and volunteer counselors.
All Summer Staff need to attend an interview weekend; however if this is not possible, please contact the Program Director for other options:
- Interview Weekend: March 9- March 11
- Interview Weekend: April 20- April 22
Online: Summer Staff Application
All Summer Staff must complete Safe Environment and submit a Background Check before the summer. Please follow link to Safe Environment and follow the four step process on the Diocesan website to become Safe Environment Compliant.
Staff Activity Training Days (Not Mandatory): We are offering several days for the staff to come to Gasper River before the Summer to learn how to lead the activities and begin gaining hours to work towards being checked off. Mark your calendars!
- Element Training for Summer staff 2018 is TBA
- Christmas Camp is a great opportunity for training.
- Mandatory staff training will start May 17 for returning staff and May 18th for All new Staff.